As of June 15, 2020, we’ve been open to the public and no appointment is needed. We welcome our residents as well as residents from other towns/villages.
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 9 to 4 PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 12 to 7 PM
Saturday: 9 to 1 PM
- Outdoor book drop is open to return of all library materials. The inside bookdrop will be closed and nothing accepted at the public service desk. This is due to Quarantine Procedures that are in place.
- Curbside Pickup
- All GLPLD patrons can request materials in one of the following ways:
- Calling the library at 708-758-0090
- Placing a request using the online catalog (for Glenwood & Lynwood materials only)
- Emailing your request to email@example.com.
- When you arrive at the library:
- Pick an available parking space and call the library at 708-758-0090. Let us know which Space you’re parked in.
- Homebound deliveries will resume on a no contact basis (every 3 weeks}. Call the library or contact Sheila at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Library databases are always available https://glpld.org/databases/
- E-books and E-audio are always available on Media On Demand:
- Virtual 1-on-1s are by phone or by a Zoom meeting.
- Virtual programming and limited in-house programming.
- Patrons are allowed to browse the shelves for materials but unwanted items must be placed on book trucks. Please don’t put back on shelf.
- Please follow the social distancing floor decals and other signage while in the library.
- Computers, approximately 13, will be available but will be limited due to social distancing as well as limited to a 2 hour session which won’t be extended.
- Newspapers & magazines won’t be available.
- Notary Services are available but by appointment only. No US Passport applications are accepted until further notice.
- Staff will be wearing face coverings/masks with the option to wear gloves.
- Cleaning of surfaces will occur every 30 minutes.
- The Meeting Room is closed for rentals until further notice and the Adult Periodical area is closed.
- Study Rooms will now have a 3 hour limit instead of 4. After each use, Staff will disinfect the room. Please allow up to 30 minutes for this.
Two (2) Important Rules are Required:
- Until further notice, the library will be a mask enforced facility for the safety of our staff as well as or patrons. No one will be permitted inside WITHOUT a mask on.
- No food or drink will be permitted inside the library.
Please stay tuned to the library’s Facebook page for the latest information, including when the building will reopen for expanded patron services. As always, if you have any questions, please call us during our modified business hours at 708-758-0090.
Updated: September 2020