Although the building is temporarily closed to library patrons, the following services are available beginning June 1:
- WiFi range has been extended to parking lots (call or visit our Facebook page for the password)
- Outdoor book drop is open to return of all library materials. Once we’re open, the inside bookdrop will be closed and nothing accepted at the public service desk. This is due to Quarantine Procedures that are in place.
- Curbside Pickup
- All GLPLD patrons can request materials in one of the following ways:
- Calling the library at 708-758-0090
- Placing a request using the online catalog (for Glenwood & Lynwood materials only)
- Emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you arrive at the library:
- Pick an available parking space and text 708-221-8531(or use the SWAN app) and follow the prompts to contact the Library staff.
- No cell phone? Call the library and tell us when you’ll arrive.
- Homebound deliveries will resume on a no contact basis (every 3 weeks}. Call the library or contact Sheila at email@example.com to register.
- Library databases are always available https://glpld.org/databases/
- E-books and E-audio are always available on Media On Demand:
- Expired library cards will be extended through September 2020.
- We are unable to obtain materials from other libraries until system-wide delivery service resumes.
- Virtual and in person programming begins on July 6.
Limited Walk-In Service
On Monday, June 15th at 9 AM, we’ll have our next phases of re-opening beginning.
Monday, Wednesday, & Friday: 9 to 4 PM
Tuesday & Thursday: 12 to 7 PM
Saturday: 9 to 1 PM
Two (2) Important Rules are Required:
- Until further notice, the library will be a mask enforced facility for the safety of our staff as well as or patrons. No one will be permitted inside WITHOUT a mask on.
- No food or drink will be permitted inside the library.
This is What is Happening in this Phase:
- Curbside pickup continues
- Virtual 1-on-1s begins by phone or by a Zoom meeting.
- Virtual programming expands and take-home programming begins.
- Patrons are allowed to browse the shelves for materials but unwanted items must be placed on book trucks. Please don’t put back on shelf.
- Please follow the social distancing floor decals and other signage while in the library.
- Computers, approximately 13, will be available but will be limited due to social distancing as well as limited to a 2 hour session which won’t be extended.
- No personal laptop/tablet use until the next phase.
- Fine amnesty will be in place for the month of June.
- Newspapers & magazines won’t be available.
- Staff will be wearing gloves and face coverings/masks.
- Cleaning of surfaces will occur every 30 minutes.
- Study Rooms, Café Booths, Tables, Meeting Room, and Groups of Chairs will be closed.
Monday, July 6th: Next Re-Opening Phase
Includes everything in the first phase re-opening on June 15th with these additions:
- Study Rooms will now have a 3 hour limit instead of 4. After each use, Staff will disinfect the room. Please allow up to 30 minutes for this.
- Cafe Booths, Tables & Groups of Chairs are available. Please ask Staff to disinfect areas before use.
- Virtual programming will expand more & Limited In-Person programs begin. Visit https://glpld.org/events-programs/ and click the links of what’s available.
Please stay tuned to the library’s Facebook page for the latest information, including when the building will reopen for expanded patron services. As always, if you have any questions, please call us during our modified business hours at 708-758-0090.